• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mikołaj

Mikołaj
  • Administrator
  • 6,540 posts
    • Time Online: 173d 3h 45m

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:57

Portal talkandroid.com zamieścił na swych łamach bardzo ciekawą i przyjemnie zrobioną recenzję zegarka Sony SmartWatch. Poza słowem pisanym całość została uzupełniona o zdjęcia i zrzuty z ekranu. Pełen tekst znajdziecie

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Poniżej tradycyjnie zapraszam do zapoznania się z podsumowaniem testu urządzenia:

The Good
- Great looks, not too thick.
- Elegant in its simplicity.
- It vibrates when alerts, calls, texts, or other notifications are received.
- Comes with a black watchband and an adapter to use on any watchband. Colorful watchbands are also available from Sony.
- Battery lasts at least 2 or 3 days.
- You can send a call to voicemail with a tap.
- You can send pre-canned text messages to specific recipients right from the watch.
- LiveWare Manager is a good centralized location for setting up the watch. no need to work on the watch’s small screen to set things up.
- Extensible architecture for apps and widgets could be promising if developers start making cool apps and widgets.

The Bad
- By far the top negative thing about the watch for me is the spotty Bluetooth connectivity. Keep in mind that I have only tested this on my HTC Evo 3D and it may work much more solidly on other devices. I’ve read other reviews that mention it’s solid on their phones.
- Screen sensitivity seems a bit off. Sometimes I have to touch twice before the touch is acknowledged. Some of this could have to do with the spotty Bluetooth since the watch tends to freeze a bit during connection handshakes. But the two-finger touch gesture always seems more reliable as a pinch.
- Not many apps yet. Hopefully this will get better over time, but I think I have 95% of the free SmartWatch apps installed already and I only have 21 apps installed.
- Watch is useless without a phone. Sure, the time will stay set if you get disconnected, but if you reboot the watch, it loses everything and needs to be synced up again with a phone.
- Gone are the days of simply glancing at your wrist to get the time. You have to hit the button to turn the screen on to see the time. I understand this is a battery saving technique, but it would be nice to have some sort of low power mode where the time is always visible.
- General bugginess and crashing. Sometimes launching an app crashes the watch and it reboots itself. Or worse yet, it will freeze and you have to manually reboot it by holding down the power button. This is still a work in progress. Future firmware updates could stabilize things, as could updates to specific misbehaving apps.

Conclusion

Well, with everything I’ve had to say about the Sony SmartWatch, you might think it’s not very smart at all. To a degree, I would agree with you. There’s really no smarts on the watch itself. All the heavy lifting is done by your phone. And with the occasional crash and unreliable Bluetooth, it does sometimes feel like it’s a beta product.
But am I happy with it? Well, for me, I’d generally say yes. It’s a step in the right direction and perfect for gadget freaks and early adopters like me to play around with. I would have to say, however, that it’s not ready for prime time mainstream use. Too many little glitches for a “normal” person to put up with.
I’m glad I took advantage of the deal Expansys had on the watch for $118 shipped. Now it’s back up to $148.99, which I think is really a bit too high for a watch that’s not fully baked yet.

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij
  • Banned
  • 8,493 posts
  • Kraj::
  • Operator: Orange GO

Posted 07 May 2012 - 13:45

Hehe dobre :) Sam się restartuje, nie widać daty i godziny, bateria starcza na 2-3 dni, bez telefonu jest bezużyteczny i sprawia wrażenie produktu w fazie beta... No brawo Sony :rock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic