Today I will show you samll, but fast, powerful and free tool from mr the_laser (author of Setool2 box, Setool2 lite, A2 Tool also known as A2 Uploader) - S1 Tool, designed for all Sony Ericsson Xperia phones from QSD8250, MSM7227 and MSM8255 platforms.
1. Before you will begin.
1. Make sure, that you have fully charged battery. 50% is absolute minimum.
2. Make backup of all data stored in your phone memory, using for example My Phone Explorer program.
3. Install the latest Gordon's Gate flash driver: http://www.sonyerics...e-flash-driver/
4. Download S1Tool: http://www.sonyerics...le/3406-s1tool/
5. Download firmware for your phone in .ftf (flashtool) or .sin_file_set (Setool2) format.
As you can see, program is very simple. To identify your phone run s1tool.exe, press identify button, connect turned off phone holding back or volume down button and after a few seconds you will get identify output.
Using S1Tool you can fast and easly reflash your Xperia smartphone. Supported phones and chipsets:
QSD8250: Xperia X10i, Xperia X10a, Xperia SO-01B.
MSM7227: W8 E16, Xperia X8 E15, Xperia X10, Xperia X10 mini E10, Xperia X10 mini pro U20.
MSM8255: active ST17, arc LT15, arc S LT18, mini ST15, mini pro SK17, neo MT15, neo V mt11, PLAY r800, pro MK16, ray ST18, Live with Walkman WT19
S1Tool supports both versions of firmware files. The first ones for flashtool with extension .ftf and original Sony Ericsson flash files for Setool2 with extension .sin_file_set. Firmware for Setool2 contains two parts: APP SW and FSP, so you must choose both files to reflash your smartphone.
Procedure is very simple:
1. Run s1tool.exe and press FLASH button.
2. Choose .ftf firmware or both Setool2 APPSW and FSP files. Hold ctrl on your keyboard to select more than one firmware package.
3. Connect turned off phone holding back or volume down button.
After a few minutes your phone is flashed and you can enjoy new firmware in your smartphone.
Attention: If you do not want to loose user data after flash, you can open fsp firmware using winrar, delete from it userdataXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.sin file and reflash your smartphone using procedure described above. If you want to downgrade your firmware for example from Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich to 2.3.4 Gingerbread - I do not recommend to use that solution, because your phone will not be working properly. In that case reflash phone using original full APPSW and FSP files.
4. Relock bootloader.
If you have unlocked bootloader and want to relock it, press RESTORE button and connect turned off phone holding back or volume down button. If you are not sure if your bootloader is ulocked or not or you have no idea what bootloader is - do not touch that button.
I wish you a pleasant flashing of your Xperia phones and remember - everything you are doing on your own responsibility. If something gone wrong or you are still not sure how to flash your Xperia smartphone, you can choose our Online Service and your phone will be flashed or repaired with setool2 box. You can contact me using Skype chat: gen.jurij or private message.
Tutorial written for Sony Ericsson World forum - copying to other websites is prohibited.